Do you THRIVE in the challenge of underwriting complex and technical PROPERTY risk? Can you provide innovative and unique solutions to policy design? Are you motivated by the thought of being the architect of winning business quotes? If so, we invite you to be BOLD and apply!
This role is part of NATIONAL specialty team reporting to Toronto and can be housed anywhere in Canada. Production requirements make travel necessary, in order to develop, manage and expand broker relationships. Familiarity with large, engineered property risk is a must. Working within established company guidelines and in accordance with established parameters, the Senior Underwriter is a key asset player performing the following assigned responsibilities:
- Review and underwrite exposures in accordance with company guidelines rating manual rules and insurance laws and regulations.
- Determine appropriate pricing based on financial and competitive analysis in line with compliance requirements.
- Comfortable working independently
- Be a positive team member supporting others across functional areas.
- Updates others on current industry trends, regulations and legislation.
- 5+ years underwriting experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education.
- Professional degrees preferred or in process of completion.
- Demonstrated advanced technical expertise and product knowledge.
- Solid communication, negotiation, and marketing skills with internal and external business partners.
- Strong analytical, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
Our client is an International Commercial Property & Casualty Insurance Company. They offer a collaborative team environment, support their staff in learning and development and believe in promoting from within whenever possible. The employer is a visible contributor in the insurance industry when it comes to focusing on supporting new entrants in the industry, Women in Leadership and promoting Diversity and Inclusion. Employer offers competitive salary and annual performance bonus, comprehensive health and dental benefits along with a generous retirement savings plan.
To learn more, please reach out to Jenn Devlin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact us anyway! If this role isn’t a fit, we may have something even better!
ABOUT SAUCE RECRUITMENT
Sauce Recruitment Corp. is dedicated to promoting and supporting our client partners in the INSURANCE INDUSTRY. We specialize in working with high performing insurance professionals to help navigate their career to a higher level, new direction or better fit.
Sauce is BOLD. Sauce makes things exciting. Insurance careers are anything but bland – you just need to find the right SAUCE.