- International Insurer in Vancouver
- 25 ppl in the Vancouver location, over 200 nation-wide
- Company focus of mid to large commercial within Canada as well as multi-national
Focus for this role will be on larger, complex, risk managed accounts with associated, primary & excess casualty. There will also be an expectation to participate in strategic planning initiatives as well as training/mentoring of more junior staff.
- You will manage a portfolio of new and renewal P&C business, significantly contributing to the region’s profitable growth. Technical expertise with a focus on RETENTION is a strong asset
- You will collaborate with internal teams (risk services, actuary, claims etc…) through technical research and relationship building
- You are committed to continuous learning and development through attendance of industry events, relevant seminars and courses
- Salary band $90 – $150 annually, depending on experience
- Minimum 7+ years experience in Commercial Lines Underwriting with a focus on large PROPERTY business for a ‘Specialist Underwriter’ title, 5 yrs for ‘Senior UW’
- Post-secondary education as well as relevant insurance education/designation is strongly preferred
- Self-starter with strong analytical skills and solution-oriented underwriting background
- Critical thinking & growth mindset is a must, with ability to provide thoughtful consideration to a wider variety of perspectives during decision making
- Open mind with a teachable personality, open to collaboration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please reach out to Kelly at email@example.com
Not a fit? contact us anyway! We may have something even better!
ABOUT SAUCE RECRUITMENT
Sauce Recruitment Corp. is dedicated to promoting and supporting our client partners in the INSURANCE INDUSTRY. We specialize in working with high performing insurance professionals to help navigate their career to a higher level, new direction or better fit.
Sauce is BOLD. Sauce makes things exciting. Insurance careers are anything but bland – you just need to find the right SAUCE. Be bold.